10 Tips for Choosing your Wedding Flowers
18 June 2018
- When you have the venue booked and date confirmed check availability with Feehilys. Certain dates will be busier than others, so make sure you have your name put down first. If your wedding date falls around a florist’s busier times, Christmas, Valentines, Mother’s Day or Easter be careful as any florist is more limited with what they can take on.
- The time of year of your wedding, your dress and the bridesmaid’s dresses are the starting point for choosing your flowers. Once you’ve chosen these, book a consultation with one of our expert florists who will guide you through the style and look that best suits you.
- Bring a photograph of your dress and if possible a sample of the fabric for the bridesmaid dresses to your consultation. The style of your wedding dress will help decide the style of your bridal bouquet. For Feehilys, your bridal bouquet is an accessory to your wedding dress, both style and mood need to work together.
- Our florists will give you invaluable advice on what flowers are in season at the time of your wedding, how to achieve the look and style you have in mind, or if you have no idea, give you lots of ideas, and most importantly how to coordinate the flowers, from the bridal bouquets, buttonholes, corsages, church & reception to give a stunning, cohesive look throughout.
- Have a budget in mind, we can deliver simplicity, but given half the chance to create something out of this world, believe us, we will!
- It’s all in the detail. We think about the small things, like offering you a smaller version of your bridal bouquet to throw so you can keep your own, flowers for your cake, and we include instructions on how to pin the men’s buttonholes.
- Flowers need vessels, whether it’s a vase, a candelabra, a pedestal or an arch, so it’s practical to choose a florist that has a good selection of props to hire – we do at Feehilys!
- Choose a florist that thinks outside the box, so you can relax in the knowledge that the flowers will be taken care of, arrangements installed the day before, and bouquets and buttonholes delivered to the right place on the morning of the wedding, so the Best Man won’t be wearing the Bride’s Mother’s corsage!
- At Feehilys we will take care of everything. Delivering your bridal bouquets & button holes the morning of the wedding, setting up the church & reception, moving your church decoration to the hotel and setting it up again for the reception.
- Choose a florist who is passionate about flowers, who understands budgets, but will go above and beyond to ensure your day is one to remember forever. That’s Feehilys!
Call in to see our fabulous showroom at Feehilys, Unit 2, Dublin Road Business Parik, Carraroe, Sligo. Tel: 071 91 59200 – feehilysflorists.com – We look forward to welcoming you.